Hi Bryan,
I have the IMac27 Retina 5K with the Radeon R9 M395  graphics chip, 2 gigs of
VRAM, the i7 4 ghz processor and 32 gigs of RAM. I don’t have anything to
compare it to, but it’s very efficient. I do a lot of PhotoShop work on 1 gig+
scans of 6x7 negs, and the machine never hesitates. i can do gaussian blurs and
rotations in near real time. And a long burn-in session will result in only 10
seconds or so of down time. I opted for the 3 terabyte fusion drive, which
comes with a 128 gig SSD. I find that it tracks my work flow very well and
brings up current projects and current folders almost instantly. A 1.5 gig
image file saves in a couple of seconds.

Paul