Hi,

Running parallel to Portland Place is Great Portland Street. The office
where I do my slaving is off Gt. Portland St. and there is a hotel there
called "The Fitzrovia" which I suppose could be a candidate for the former
Portland Hotel.

There are a great many hospitals in that area, on Gt. Portland St. as
well as Portland Place. It's where the rich go for their nips, tucks,
lifts, snips, pulls, tweaks, flayings, scrapings, pumpings, suctions and
tweaks. To say nothing of the rest.

A search of Google reveals no Portland Hotels at all in London, which
is very surprising. If you don't mind me asking, Lasse, what is your
interest in the hotel? Perhaps a little background could help us
find it.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]