Mark, Thank you for the suggestion.
Yes, I've been thinking about that possibility before.
And as you know, setting a server is not a complete novelty to me. ;-)
I might go the route yuou suggested some day, but at this point, for the project on hand, I am looking for something "off the self", light and easy.

Igor

PS. So far, I have been unimpressed with the CMS/blogging platforms that I've seen, - in the way how they organize photographs/viewing interface.