I liked seeing banana trees on a couple of our holidays.  Our climate is far
too cold for them but they're a very popular fruit in this country.  They're
imported mostly from Ecuador or the Phillipines and the ripening process tends
to vary a bit.

A couple of years ago there was a problem with one of the ships and we ended up
with some bananas with Russian stickers on them.

Cheers,
Dave