On 23/05/16 15:52, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
Thanks, Jack, Mark, Paul, Christine, Alan and Bob for looking and commenting.

Octopus is quite good, when done right.  My first experience with it
was a smoked tentacle I purchased in a park in Japan about 50 years
ago.  That was a bit chewy.

Octopus is a local specialty in Mykonos, and they know how to do it
well.  The traditional way of tenderizing it is to slam it against a
rock 100 times, but I suspect they have easier methods today.  In any
event, this dish was quite tasty, as were the caramelized onions
served with it.  A glass of Ouzo completes the experience.
A glass of Ouzo tends to help, doesn't it?

- T

Dan Matyola