Free is better for sure. Philadelphia is also free for us old folk within the city limits on regular transportation... and the commuter rail is deeply discounted.

My senior ride is normally $1.35 -- if I go somewhere and transfer to a different route within two hours that is free.. sometimes that 2 hours is all I need - so not so bad. The main thing is getting to and from the closest conveyances... and in really hot weather the subway platforms can be hell.

BTW - I'm not doing the transcription to document form anymore! In 2010 I had a dictaphone - a real one - and several people doing it for me for barter... The tape to Cd is easy... I was given a wonderful instrument for doing that.. I'm enjoying listening to the cd's. I often just left the tape run when I was driving and had the local radio station on - or had it in my pocket when I was in a diner or at an overlook and it picked up my chat with strangers - sometimes just for atmosphere, other times for helping remember directions...

I see you looked at the whole album - the disc was made where Chris was cremated - he lived for many years in San Francisco and that is where he was when he died... it appeared when the ashes were being spooned out of the silly box they were in. I didn't title photos as it was mainly a gallery for those who would know who they were looking at... there were several people he went to high school with, one who came from Montana - the guy playing the Chris's guitar - they were in a band back in the 60's . The stunning young lady in the straw hat is Nora's grandaughter who lives in the house now.. her father is the oldest sibling - the guy in the straw hat - The shot by the grave of two women and a man are surviving siblings. Both women are very close
friends of mine.

Read about the original Gotham with interest! Had NO idea ... Too bad it was former mayor Rudy G who had to be mentioned in a favorable light in the article :-( thanks for sending the link.

Incidentally - I was in two non-member combined art and photo shows at the Salmagundi club which they seem to have done away with. And you probably know there is a TV show here now called Gotham - the son of a friend of mine is a cinematographer for the show and the shooters
collectively won an award recently

almost finished tape 20... time to go listen

ann