If you're using Lightroom, you can't use a batch rename routine outside
Lightroom unless you want to initiate a hell of a lot of clumsy and
easy-to-mess-up cleanup work afterwards in Lightroom.

I gave precise instructions for how Larry can rename his files as desired using
Lightroom's built-in renaming function. Nearly all of Lightroom's functions can
be applied to any number of images individually or all at the same time. And
nearly all of Lightroom's functions can be made into presets (or templates) for
re-use whenever you you want.