On 9/15/2016 3:22 PM, Stanley Halpin wrote:
I commented that my 70-200 had fallen apart…

I just heard from Precision Camera: "We will be repairing the unit under the
manufacturers warranty.”

I know that some here have had issues with the quality of their repair work,
but on balance it seems that they do alright. I am guardedly optimistic.

stan

I don't have a problem with the quality of their repair work when they actually do it, however a very long time ago, I sent them my original MX, which had been packed carefully at the camera store I then worked, to have the flickering/flaky metering problem fixed, (the fix was to replace the variable resistor in the aperture simulator), under warranty.

The camera was in pristine condition according to my boss who actually did the packing.

I got a phone call at work to tell me that the camera was damaged and the warranty was void, so I'd have to pay for repair.

I sucked it up and told them to proceed. The camera came back, with the top plate damaged and the problem to be repaired still evident.

It exhibits that issue to this day even thought it was a known problem. This resulted in two things, firstly I'm never an early adopter, and two, I don't like to deal with Precision, even though they're local to me.

immortality through not dying.
-- Woody Allen