I should note that for non warranty repairs I decided I would just
send everything to japan. The turnaround is about the same frankly. I
sent my 12-24 into precision and they for some reason sent it to
Japan. It came back like a new lens and I had serious doubts it was
repairable, but at least all the glass was still intact. I think the
total cost was $250.