From: "John" <sesso...@earthlink.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:48:05 AM
Subject: Re: Peso-AspenFall

There's a Colorado Scenic By-way that follows US 550 from Durango to
Ridgway, CO 45 across to Placerville and then CO 145 down to Cortez. If
you leave Durango in the morning; spend an hour or two wandering around
Silverton at lunchtime; stop here & there to photograph interesting
stuff ... you can get through all the really scary parts in daylight.

The Aspens are beautiful through-out the area ... which, come to think
of it, is probably why they designated it a scenic by-way.

Four to five hours actual drive time, but it takes all day & late into
the night if you want to take any time to enjoy the scenery. Plus the
time I was there they were resurfacing CO 145 between Rico & Dolores
which added considerable delay to the last leg of that journey.

If I ever do it again, I'll plan on visiting only sights in Colorado. I
had two weeks & my itinerary included Alamosa for the Great Sand Dunes,
Durango & Silverton, Mesa Verde, Grand Canyon North Rim & a visit with a
friend in Phoenix, AZ. Too much to see for me to devote as much time to
any of them as they deserved.