Thanks to all who have looked and commented: Bruce, Malcolm, Bob, Ann, Larry, P.J.

Bob: yep, I see that... I didn't see it while taking the shot, and, actually, it was sufficient challenge to convince the model to stand there at all. ;-) And that's why, Ann, the only option was to have her posing, and even that, - only for a very short period of time. I took only 1 or 2 shots..

Larry: good idea, - I might try to play with the lens correction in LR.

Bruce, Malcom, P.J., Ann: this "dramatic" wall is actually a wall of a (previously small) theater. Many years ago, in 1963 it started as a student theater "Maneken" (Mannequin). They moved into the basement of this building in 1980. In 1990s and 2000s, the theater participated in a bunch of international theater festivals in Europe and USA, taking a bunch of prizes, and becoming a "municipal theater" (= professional, supported by the city) in 1992. In 2000, they moved to a new, just reconstructed building, while this older building remained for the "experimental" shows and for the
"student studio" of the theater.

I don't know how long ago this wall got this look (it used to be just plain white), and what's the story behind it. But in my mind it has nothing menacing. To me it is a reflection of non-conformistic spirit of this theater, or at least my image of it.

The juxtaposition I mentioned is along several different vectors: B&W vs. color, large vs. little, angular vs. cute.

Igor

PS. Ann, yes, you guessed right about her. And that's one of the reasons why I am biased. ;-)