At 02:21 12-5-2002 -0400, Ed Dombek wrote:

>For her birthday the ladies purchased a ZX-M, the AA battery pack and a
>smaller Tamrac bag.  I'm contributing a SMC-A 50mm/f2 and a SMC-A
>28mm/f2.8.  I'm going to give her a lens pen, too.
>
>My question is this: Should I add another lens?  If so, what?  I'm
>thinking a 85-100mm but can't seem to find one at a reasonable
>price?  Suggestions?  Anyone looking to sell one?  Price is the major
>factor here.
>
>I appreciate any and all responses.  Your input will - as always - be
>greatly valued.
>
>Ed

What a brilliant birthday present.
What is it with these people who say they should have bought a second hand
K100 or a Spotmatic? Good grief. Party poopers. I know what I'd rather have.
Sounds like an excellent starting kit.
I'd like to second the suggestions for a 135mm. I only have experience with
the M-series 135/3.5 but I think it would fit nicely with the camera, gives
good results, nice and compact and could be got for a song. Also there is
the 75-150 (again, M-series, I don't have much experience with "A"
lenses)  which might be worth considering.
Sorry, not selling mine I'm afraid.

Wendy

---
Wendy Beard