Thank you, Larry, Malcolm, P.J., Marco, John, and John-wherever-you-are-now for looking and commenting! ;-)

I am back home from the last week's conference travel, - and by this time, people may have figured out that this picture has been taken at "GUM" - "Upper Trading Rows", and iconic store in Moscow, Russia:
http://pug.komkon.org/16nov/slides/IR-%20IconicPlaces-Igor_IR34361.html

I am not sure if anybody read the Wikipedia linked below that image:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUM_%28department_store%29
It is a historic building with the first of its kind (at the time it was built - more than a century ago) engineering design.

Yet another structure built by the same engineer is the hyperboloid "Shukhov tower": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shukhov_Tower
(on the UNESCO's "Endangered Buildings" list).
Unfortunately, I don't have any of my own photos of it.

A few interesting engineering facts about it:
Shukhov invented hyperboloid towers (Patent of 1899, applied 1896).
The original design called for 350 meters height, and that would weigh 2200 tons (metric). For comparison, Eiffel Tower (324 meters) weighs over 10 000 tons. Due to the shortage of steel, Shukhov's tower is only 160-meters tall. Based on this idea, in 2005-2009, a 600-meter-high hyperboloid Canton tower was built in Guangzhou, China. (For a brief moment it was the tallest tower in the world, taking over that title from the CN Tower in Toronto.)

A curious fact:
In 1941, a postal airplane that was expriencing technical problems, touched with its wing the cable that was going from the top of the tower to the ground (at an angle), - a leftover from the construction, which was hanging there for several years since the tower was built. That torn off the winch that was at the ground end, but the tower remained intact and did not need any repairs. The plane crashed into the nearby house's yard.

Cheers,

Igor