Steve Cottrell wrote:

Three years!

Spend a bit extra and save in the long run:

<https://www.tayna.co.uk/ODYSSEY-PC1400-Battery-1400-Cranking-Amps-P8670.htm
l>

I've got 2 aboard the Defender and they are amazing. I've run one completely
flat and it sprang back to life and hasn't missed a beat since.

I've you're on Facebook, a couple of great groups for tips is  Angry Puma's
(yes complete with wrongly used apostrophe) and DEFENDERS & SERIES.  Picked
up loads of titbits on these and am able to help too.
Good fun.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am indeed on Facebook and will do so.

I've no objection to spending money on a decent battery - it's under a third
more than I've recently spent, if that, and it reminds me to see when it is
next due for a replacement.

You use yours I presume daily; nowadays mine goes out twice a week as I've
replaced car travel with cycling/walking as far as possible (parking is a
nightmare). Td5's need a lot of battery juice to initially crank them over,
and the use I give mine, particularly when it's had a couple of days in the
cold without use, reduces battery life.

Thanks Cotty,

Malcolm