On 7/1/17, Christine Aguila, discombobulated, unleashed:

>That Pen-F is a beautiful camera!  Cotty, just out of interest, have you
>used any of the Creative Features explained in the videos at the bottom
>of this page?  I believe it's the last video.

Hi Christine,

Yes had a play around one day and some of the filters (software filters
that is) are a bit garish - great fun when drinking wine at a party ;-)

But TBH they are not my cuppa tea.

I only shoot jpegs, so the camera suits my style completely (although it
is very competent in raw). With a turn of the knob on the front I can go
from shooting mono to colour in an instant. I like that because when I
shoot in B and W I like to think in B and W! I hate shooting everything
in colour and then deciding later if it works in mono instead/as well.

Accordingly, there are 4 'custom set' settings on the main dial on the
top plate. I keep these as ISO settings exclusively, so I know that C1
is ISO 200, C2 is ISO 400, C3 is ISO 800 and C4 is ISO 3200 (don't
forget, I'm shooting with manual focus, manual aperture lenses all the time).

There are several more little dials and buttons that I have nothing
assigned to. I like it simple and sweet, concentrate on the pics!

I'd love to get some more Voigtlander lenses but my god they are pricey.

The 10.5mm f/0.95 looks amazing:

<http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2015/08/12/voigtlander-10-5-f0-95-lens-
review-for-micro-43/>

but for now I stick with:

Samyang 12/2
Voigtlander 15/4.5
Pentax 24/2.8
Pentax 50/1.4
Tokina 90/2.5 macro

For one cam/lens combo out walking I take either the 12/2 or the 15/4.5
depending on lighting conditions. On a bright day the 15mm is lovely to
use and so small - very lightweight. The Samyang is quite big, but my
God, talk about 'f/8 and be there' - set a decent ISO, zone focus, click
on f/8 and it's a great streetgrabber. Forces you to get in amongst the
action, which I love. I have zooming legs ;-)

If I take it all out in the bag, it all fits in a Paul Marius 'Le Petit
Reporter' along with my Fujifilm X20 which is great to use (despite
having ugh has a zoom!) with a couple of spare batteries each as well.
Also a beautiful little flash unit that comes with the Oly - operates of
the camera battery and rotates and swivels for bounce flash as well.
Hardly ever use it though.

Features I love - pull out and swivel/rotate rear LCD that can be close
facing inwards, so no chimping! Beautiful ergonomics even in my big
hands. Does good HD video (I use it professionally for steadicam-type
shots on a 3-axis gimbal device). And looks to die for. If Leica made a
camera this small with these features, I would probably have one.

Cheers XX

--

Cheers,
  Cotty