I was thinking you'd do a quick price search and then have a good handle on making a private sale. The lens sells used at KEH for $600 to $700 in VG to EX maybe $550 in Bargain condition. I don't expect a retailer to buy it for that much but $100 is a low ball offer. Like I said, put it on ebay. It's not as convenient as it used to be but that's where you'll get the best price.