On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 7:34 AM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking to up my 4 gig ram to atleast 8. My iMac 21.5" is mid 2010
> core i3 model 11,2 running 10.11.6, 3.06 GHz. My about mac info says i
> have 2 2 gig rams 1333mhz-DDR3-SDRAM, i have looked at the OWC site
> and clicked on my model and the ram model is 1333MHz DDR3 SO-DIMM
> PC10600 204 Pin as you can see the model numbers differ at the end.

That should work fine, Dave. But it looks like the specs for your machine
would support 16GB with 4x4GB DIMMs, so I would highly recommend making the
jump all the way up to that if you can swing it. If you can't justify it
financially, getting yourself to 8GB is a good step in the right direction.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201191 is the official source of the
information.

-Mat