Paul Stenquist wrote:
Of the four new lenses Pentax already offers two of them, a 24-70/2.8 and the
150-450 (which is faster than the Sigma 100-400). The 14mm and 135mm would be
nice additions, but perhaps Pentax is already planning to fill that gap. I
probably wouldn’t want the 14mm, because the Pentax 15-30 pretty much covers
that off. The 135/ 1.8 would be nice perhaps.

I'm always shooting at the crazy end of available light and the 14/1.8 is really appealing to me, even having the 15-30, because for astrolandscape work that extra stop and a third makes a huge difference, and depth of field isn't that critical when you are photographing with wide angle lenses at infinity focus.

Similarly the 135/1.8 would be very handy for photographing musicians, particularly if Ricoh were to put enough focus points in the body. The K-1 is a huge improvement for photographing musicians rather than microphones, but they've still got a ways to go.

I guess we have a week or so to go to see what announcements are coming at CP+. There are a lot of lenses that I wish I could have, in much the same way that I might as well debate whether to get a supercharged or a normally aspirated lotus.