I'm pretty sure it's the bus speed of the camera. Everything I've read about it implies that the K-1 can only take advantage of a middling fast card. I think the best high speed Pentax is the K-3 or K-3II maybe the KP will clear it's buffer faster, or equal the K-3 with better autofocus, but I'm not going to bet the farm it will the specifications don't look all that promising.