Sigma really did turn things around and they should get credit for that. They went from having a poor reputation for quality control and optics in the 1980's - mid 1990's, to being considered solid in both areas to being an innovator and leader in lens offerings.

There are a lot of their current lenses - especially macros - that I wish were available in K mount. But a lot of lenses from the mid 1990's and earlier have poor reputations.