On 21/06/17 19:53, Igor PDML-StR wrote:

P.J.,

It would be REALLY strange if the update to Firefox would fix whatever problems you are having with Thunderbird...

;-)

On a serious note, speaking of that "reply"-button problem, - have you (and everybody else on the list who suffers from it) submitted a bug report on it?
If not, - you should.
As I sort of said elsewhere, I did. Unfortunately, the report got marked as a duplicate of another issue (which I didn't notice when searching), and that issue is marked as WONTFIX. But I'm still shouting.

1. They might not be aware of it.
2. They might not think that change was a problem...
Part of the issue seems to be that one of the developers behind the change has decided that it's not a problem, no matter how many people say that it is in fact a problem.

3. The priority of the problem fixing is decided by the overall loudness (hence the number) of complaints.
... but even some loudness might still help, perhaps...

Meanwhile, I found that the situation gets a little better if you

1. Right-click on the header in the message view and select "Customise..."
2. Drag the button marked "Reply" from the main window to the
   "Customise Toolbar" window (so as to remove it from the view.)
3. Press Done in the window I just mentioned.

The message view will then only have a "Smart reply" button which alternates between "Reply", "Reply All" and "Reply List" depending on the context. (Note that the behaviour changes compared to when you also have the "normal" "Reply" button, because then the "Smart Reply" then hides itself in some cases.)

Actually, the situation might be acceptable if you could also add "Smart reply" to the main tool-bar and have a keyboard short-cut for it. There are bug reports related to this, too, but they're not exactly new, so there is a question of whether the issues will ever be addressed.

I still think the "Reply" implementation is wrong in principle, though...

- Toralf

Igor