ann sanfedele wrote:
That would help, but only for the places where the train stops - amtrak
rail map and satelite view in google?

You could look at the times, interpolate between the stops and get a rough idea as to location. If it's 200 miles between stops, four hours on the schedule, and the photo was taken about an hour after leaving the station, then the photo was likely taken about 50 miles along the path.