Thanks, Larry.  I appreciate your suggestions.

They are cropped, but not dramatically   I have tried several flowers, and
am indeed contemplating a series.  I like the relative flatness of the
images because I was thinking of them as abstracts, but trying some
lighting effect to vary the appearance of the blossoms is a great idea.