frank theriault wrote:
[snip]

> A problem I've had with the "one around the neck, and the other slung around a
> shoulder" method, is that the "shoulder" camera just isn't as instantly
> accessable as the neck one.

The solution to this one is to get an LX, which you should have anyway.
:) Put both of the strap lugs on one side so the camera hangs longways
down. Easy to just lift it from that position to the eye without taking
the strap off the shoulder, as easy as it is to lift the other one from
your chest.

> And, with my skinny, sloping little shoulders, I'm
> constantly pulling the shoulder camera back up my shoulder.

That can be a problem. You need a strap that is not too smooth and a
shirt or jacket with some texture. That helps keep it from slipping. Or
get shirts/jackets with epaulettes that will hold the camera strap in place.

> Besides, since I
> have my bag on the other shoulder (if I have two bodies, I usually have my bag
> with me), that means both shoulders are encumbered, and I'm just not
> comfortable that way.

I wasn't either at first, but I got used to it.

> I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

Yep. :)

Bob