Solved the problem by exiting LR and restarting it. Had to do it a few times
till it started working smoothly. At one point, when I cancelled a move, LR
froze my system. Couldn’t force quit LR and LR wouldn’t let me restart the
system.

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 1:10 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> I just returned from a month traveling, camping, hiking, and a little
> photographing on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Normally my Lightroom files are kept
> in a directory labeled “Photos” on an external hard drive. While on the trip
> I imported photos into Lightroom in the “Pictures” directory on my MacBook
> Air’s internal drive.
>
> An hour or so ago I began dragging folders in Lightroom from the “Pictures”
> directory to the “Photos” directory. After successfully dragging ten folders
> dragging suddenly stopped working. I drag, but the folders won’t move.
>
> I Googled about this. Over the years others have encountered the problem. The
> issues in the cases I read about were extremely complicated and not much help
> to me. Wonder if any Lightroom experts here might be able to help.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric Weir
> Decatur, GA  USA
> eew...@bellsouth.net
>
> "Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."
>
> - Amos Oz

> the directions.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

“There have to be many commonly accepted truths
before we can raise the possibility of error.”

- Richard Rorty