Genius. Thanks, Eric. I probably should have figured it out seeing the Rhodesian Air Force had a whole lot of them. The SAAF still has one based at Hoedspruit. It flies occasionally at air shows.

That farmer had a whole lot of old stuff including the Series 1 Land Rover & Morris Minor visible in the one image. Perhaps he has the rest of the plane in one of those sheds?

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Featherstone
Sent: 11 October, 2017 2:54 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO x 2: RAF (WWII) Wings?

On 11 October 2017 at 12:01, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:
Saw these on a farm in Yorkshire. A chance for the experts to hazard an
identification. Scroll L for the other.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/37633542041

Stubs of a twin boom tail,
jet intakes in the wing roots,
straight trailing edge (at least I think it's straight - difficult to
tell in the photo)
that shape of wheel well..
 -> de Havilland Venom, without the optional wingtip tanks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Venom

If the trailing edges aren't straight then it's the earlier Vampire
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Vampire

--
Eric

---