On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 10:01:42 +1100, Peter McIntosh wrote:
> I've got the 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG Macro HSM APO, use it on my K5
> and love it. Build quality is excellent, it's sharp, quiet and bloody
> heavy! :-)

The one I'm looking at is an earlier version (non-DG). That said,
though, I went deep into the bowels of google and found a couple of
reviews for the first and second generation versions...and they came
out smelling like a rose. So, I'm meeting the seller again on Monday to
test it (if he doesn't sell it to someone else in the meantime). If it
passes the Purple Fringe Test then I expect I'll buy it.

> I haven't experienced the flare you mentioned Steve, it's been a very
> solid performer in all aspects.

I expect that a lens hood would fix the flare. The seller thinks he has
one but he can't find it.

Those Sigmas are monsters. I also bought this gargantuan 100-300/4 off
of him. When mounted on my D2Xs the combination is almost 6.5lbs. I
don't think I'll be taking that combo on any long hikes...