On 22 Nov 2017, at 09:43, Chris Mitchell
<chris.mitch...@which.net<mailto:chris.mitch...@which.net>> wrote:

On 21 November 2017 at 23:37, Bob W-PDML

The way to do it would be for you, me, Chris and any other over-the-hill,
ageing, has-been cyclists to meet the vigorous, mighty-thighed youngsters
at each checkpoint with a profusion of sustenance, then when they set off
we could pack up and cycle round to the next one ready to meet them when
they arrive. It'd be a lovely surprise for them to see all our smiling
faces at each checkpoint.

I'm not sure how that works.  How can we over-the-hill, ageing, has-beens
cycle to the next checkpoint before the athletic young'uns?

This is a story my grandfather told my father, which he told all his boys, who
passed it on their sons. Only we use another word than 'service':

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Old%20Bull