Or buy a mini-submersible.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Colen
Sent: 6 December, 2017 1:43 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO it's a little snowy in Santa Cruz

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Look at the feet. Ducks' feet are three toed with webbing between the toes. Coots have three toes, but the webbing consists of flaps of skin on each toe that fold when the foot passes through the water forwards, and fan out to form a webbed paddle when the foot passes backwards into the water. Coots are also generally small, have a small head, not very duck-like beak, and kinda thin legs. Like this:

Good to know. Next time I see it, I'll ask it to come out of the water
so that I can look at the feet.

American Coot: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4545/27084002639_a4f4da5133.jpg

No matter where you go, look out for coots.