Try reflashing the firmware on it. It might just be something weird.
No lens data in lightroom either? I would guess not if exiftool isn't
reporting it.

You also might want to try cleaning the contacts on your camera to
make sure it is getting good communication first. You should be seeing
focal lenght information in the jpeg review on the camera if you press
the info button. If you are not the lens->camera connection is
suspect.