Eric Weir wrote:

>My only experience publishing photos is putting albums up on Flickr. I have
>not printed a single image.
>
>Yesterday I photographed an Iraqi refugee family at a community college
>graduation ceremony here. (One of their daughters graduated with high honors.)
>I’ve weeded out the worthless images, done an initial selection and edited a
>few, which I’ve shared with them as attachments to an email. I suspect I’ll
>end up with 15 or 20 decent or interesting images, but I’m not sure what to do
>with them, i.e., how to make them available to the family.
>
>I imagine they might want to put images on their phones, to print one or two
>for framing, maybe to create a printed collage. For the first I could do as
>usual and put an album up on Flickr. For the latter I have no idea what to do.
>A thought is to put the edited JPEGs and the original RAW files on a USB stick
>and give it to them. Not sure they would know what to do with that, especially
>the RAW files. If there are images that they’d like printed I could figure out
>how to get that done and give them the prints.
>
>Clearly, I’m floundering. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Downsize everything to 2000 x 6000 pixels
Convert to sRGB color space
Give 'em hi res JPEGs and wash your hands of it.

The 6-megapixel size will work on most phones and tablets (my tablet's
native resolution is around 5MP) and allow them to zoom in without
getting pixilated. JPEG format in sRGB will let them go to any local
shop with a print kiosk and make their own prints. Done.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com