> On Dec 13, 2017, at 12:38 PM, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:
>
> Downsize everything to 2000 x 6000 pixels
> Convert to sRGB color space
> Give 'em hi res JPEGs and wash your hands of it.
>
> The 6-megapixel size will work on most phones and tablets (my tablet's
> native resolution is around 5MP) and allow them to zoom in without
> getting pixilated. JPEG format in sRGB will let them go to any local
> shop with a print kiosk and make their own prints. Done.

Thanks, Mark. Clear and helpful overall, but I’m a  bit unclear about the
relation of pixel size and print size. You suggest 2000 X 6000 pixels. Will
that work for a print of any moderate size, e.g., 4X6 or 5X7? Don’t I need to
specify pixels per inch? Likewise in setting pixel size for use on phones and
tablets. Doesn’t pixels per inch need to be specified there too?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

“There have to be many commonly accepted truths
before we can raise the possibility of error.”

- Richard Rorty