Just saw the news about this morning's quake ... The epicenter was about ten
miles east of San Jose downtown, or pretty close to where I live. Richter
3.8-3.9 is a fairly mild event but certainly enough to get your attention.

I'm still in Cork, Ireland, and Felipe is down south in Tijuana right now, so
we're safe from harm. No idea what might have gotten jarred in our place, but
he'll be back in a couple of days. A 3.8-3.9 quake, however, isn't enough to
cause major damage in general so I'm just hoping that nothing significant fell
over (like my bicycle or the motorcycle).

—
No matter where you go, there you are.