> On Mar 8, 2018, at 6:32 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> The book appears to be quite good. But I think a digital camera is a must.
> Kids live online, and he’ll undoubtedly want to post digital photos. Instant
> cameras are old people toys. A good phone is better than many point and
> shoots. My iPhone 7 allows extensive rendering options with the provided
> apps. Add on apps expand that capability.

Thanks, Paul. I’m not certain of the state of my grandnephew’s interest in
photography. The instant camera was in part a suggestion in case that’s unclear
at this point. A way to find out. Spent some time with him last summer and he
was very curious about my camera. Wanted to hold it. While he had it in hand I
pointed out a few things. Doubt that they stuck. But I wouldn't be surprised to
find out that he is definitely interested. In that case a digital camera would
be the recommendation.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver