Doesn't take much creative. There's a lot of formula involved photographing (high school) "seniors". It's a big business nowadays and there's a lot of support for "how to do it".

What you need MOST is people skills for working with anxious teenagers.

Acne & bad hair days are temporary things. The latter is amenable to a few minutes attention with a hairbrush. Most of the PRO portrait photographers I know employ a female assistant who is experienced with hair and makeup repair.

And after you've judiciously applied a spot healing brush to their selected images, they won't remember where any pimples were when they see the final result.