I have two 285s and one 283. Havent used them much since going digital.
jco

On Fri, 04 May 2018 23:07:23 -0400, John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:

FWIW, the Vivitar 285HV has a trigger voltage around 6 volts & is safe to use with Pentax DSLRs (and probably Cannon or Nikon).

I currently have three of them and am always on the look-out for more (although I prefer the older "Made in Japan" models because they're more reliable).