The June 2018 issue of Outdoor Photography magazine has a nice article on
Katmai National Park, which is truly a nature photographer's heaven.  We
visited the park 30 years ago and it remains one of the most memorable
vacations of my life.  It is much more engaging than Denali, with a lot
more opportunities for encounters with Alaskan wildlife.  In addition, the
Valley of 10,000 Smokes is a site like no other in America.

Of course, back then I shot only film, with my Asahi Spotmatic.  I need to

Katmai is, in my experience, the best of all our national parks, surpassing
even Yosemite and Hawaii Volcanoes.  I highly recommend it to anyone who
has an interest in wildlife and photography.

Dan Matyola