That scam has been going around the net for months now. I'm surprised
it took this long for it to reach you. I've received two of these so
far.

It seems the scammers are buying lists of email addresses that are
pretty old. Given the examples I received I expect the 2013 Adobe
breach was the source of mine. (I considered replying to mine and
asking how he activated the webcam on a computer that doesn't have a
webcam.)

I found it interesting to peruse
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/8gsjba/the_blackmail_email_scam/
and watch the "evolution" of the blackmail letter over time. It really
does evolve like a bacteria or something.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com