It's actually not the cheapest for domain registration, but I've been paying for a domain name for several years with Earthlink. Like you, I've found that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and haven't taken the time to really develop a good web site.  The subscription allows creation of up to 100 email addresses of which I've used only a few.

-p