I think it's a Nymphalidae sp., not a Papilio. Tried to find it on the Internet.
Perhaps this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limenitis_arthemis

Alan C

Thanks, Alan.

I have had red spotted purple butterflies in my yard for several years now.  They look similar to female swallowtails, but lack the tail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limenitis_arthemis