yes;  your link is the same as the link in my post.  It is a  *Limenitis
arthemis.*

Dan Matyola
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/danieljmatyola

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 3:33 AM, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

> I think it's a Nymphalidae sp., not a Papilio. Tried to find it on the
> Internet.
> Perhaps this?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limenitis_arthemis
>
> Alan C
>
>
>
> ********************************************************
>
> Thanks, Alan.
>
> I have had red spotted purple butterflies in my yard for several years
> now.  They look similar to female swallowtails, but lack the tail.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limenitis_arthemis
>
> Dan Matyola
> http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/danieljmatyola
>
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 12:18 AM, Alan C <c...@lantic.net <mailto:
> c...@lantic.net>> wrote:
>
>    Very nice, Dan. BTW, did you manage to identify that red spotted purple?
>
>    Alan C
>
>
>
>    On 06-Aug-18 05:38 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
>
>        Today my large butterfly bush was visited by a beautiful Eastern
>        Tiger
>        Swallowtail:
>
>        http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2018/
> 8/5/swallowtail
>        <http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2018/
> 8/5/swallowtail>
>
>        K-5 IIs, FA 100 mm Macro F2.8
>        Comments are invited and appreciated.
>
>        Dan Matyola
>        http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/danieljmatyola
>        <http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/danieljmatyola>
>
>
>
>    ---
>    This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
>    https://www.avast.com/antivirus <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>
>
>
>
> --
> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
> PDML@pdml.net
> http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net
> to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and
> follow the directions.
>
-- 
PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
PDML@pdml.net
http://pdml.net/mailman/listinfo/pdml_pdml.net
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link directly above and follow 
the directions.

Reply via email to