> On 09 August 2018 at 10:00 Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> won't bore you with the story of the dumb ass mistake I made yesterday
> that cost me something like four hours. On the bright side, I'm now
> pretty damned good at assembling Subaru cylinder heads.

You are not alone.  I've spent nearly three weeks helping somone who did major
work on his car's head and then couldn't get it to do more than fire a few
times and then die.  We went logically through everything that it could be and
came up blank.  It was only by chance that I mentioned something that caused
retrieval of the memory of the rags he had stuffed into the inlet ports when
the manifold was off - and forgotten to remove before replacement of the
manifold.  Luckily, nothing had been irretrievably ingested.  That would be my
luck.