Gives me hope for my beloved *DEAD* Tokina 28-70. It's failure is due to similar irreplaceable information brushes having worn out.

Although, thinking about it, I might just look for the same lens in any other mount. If I can buy it cheap enough, I can steal the brushes from that lens to put mine back in business.

I even know a shop that can do the work if they had the part, so I wouldn't have to worry about my ham-handed fumble-fingers messing it up even worse than it already is.