If you've got a dumb phone I can't help you, but if you have a smart phone, you can download a call blocker, there are free versions which aren't too intrusive, which will restore your peace.

In fact depending on your carrier, they may offer a call blocker, it might even be a free service, even for a dumb phone.

I used to have that feature on a couple of different dumb phones, and the music on hold option, which the Samsung pseudo Crackberry offered  made me smile, didn't cost any airtime but put the unwanted caller on hold with horrible electronic music. Probably didn't bother the machines much but the actual humans were probably very annoyed...