So that's where they were.

Alan C

On 08-Sep-18 10:18 PM, Bob W-PDML wrote:

On 8 Sep 2018, at 15:46, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

I went for my weekly drive to Sable Dam this afternoon. Very hot & dry. Hardly saw
anything (2 Giraffe, 2 Elephants, some Dassies, 4 Kudus & a few birds - not a
single Impala).
I saw a cat and some pigeons today.

Sable Dam is still about 40% full so should last out to the rains which are only
about 2½ months away. Here are shots of a Three Banded Sand-Plover on the edge of
the dam & a browsing Kudu Cow (scroll right) just inside the Phalaborwa gate:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/43642504485/

K5 & HD 55-300.

---