We have several plover varieties in the states - the piping plover on the east coast is endangered.. western snowy's are threatened (or maybe the othe way around)but their eyes and beaks are less colorful than yours...

cloes to killdeers, Paul, yes...

hard to get sharp shots of them the dash about so - you managed it nicely!

ann