Loved it on Fb, love it here :-)

 you had the right kit for cat

ann

On 9/14/2018 5:23 PM, Steve Cottrell wrote:
Well it's not my cat, but he happened to be strolling along the fence outside
my office window and I was fooling with the A*85/1.4 so I nabbed him.

My son had been using this lens with an EF adapter and no spring and detent
ball in, so providing 'clickless' iris for video use. He hasn't used it in a
while, and I dug it out from the bowels of his kit drawers and assessed it for
stills use again. Raided my parts bins and found a couple of detent balls and a
spring, so set about installing the clicks in the aperture ring again. Good job
I had two balls as the first, despite my concentrated efforts to retain it as
it slid under the [reinstalling] ring, blasted into orbit! The second one made
it home though and the lens is once again as it should be - albeit minus the
aperture lever which I had Dremelled off years ago. Clean it up and was testing
when the cat came along just at the right moment. Three shots off before he
spooked and bolted, this was the best. Very slight crop left and bottom. Out of
cam jpeg (as I do all my pics) with levels and sharpening. Lens wide open.
Forgotten how much I love this glass, even though it acts like twice the focal
length on my MFT camera. Will be great for head shots at gigs we'll be going to
soon. More to come.

Olympus Pen F + Pentax SMC-A*85/1.4 at 1/50th sec, wide open, ISO 200.
<http://www.seeingeye.tv/PESO/peso030.html>

--
ann sanfedele photography
https://annsan.smugmug.com