Subash, interesting story and nice pictures.
I didn't realize there were so many frogmouth species. Must be a real challenge to spot in the wild. The only frogmouth species I have ever seen was on my trip to south Australia, the tawny frogmouth of which I took a picture:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mxer/2285901387/in/album-72157603998410494/
Looks similar to the Sri Lankian frogmouth except for colour.

Henk