On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 7:03 AM Jostein Øksne <p...@alunfoto.no> wrote:

> Other developers are improving their products too, so essentially, if they
> can do now what CS6 can do, it's what I need it for.

I can say with assurance that they do not. The majority of these
products are going after the Lightroom market, many with the addition
(illusion) of layers. You will not find the rich feature set and
general image processing capabilities of even Ps CS2 in them. And if
you have any plugins, like Nik, they won't work. Little finesses like
"flow" for brushes is missing from the only app I know that manages to
clone many (though not even 25% of) Photoshop's features: The Gimp.

I searched for and tested a lot of software after Adobe went
subscription with the goal of replacing Lr and Ps. I gave up. I need
the power of both of them.

If you don't then I suggest trying The Gimp as it's free,
multi-platform, and quite powerful.

--
-bmw