Thanks Ken -  The clouds and the golden hour light made me stop tophotoon the cold windy day. They were a bit of a distraction for me too.. but there was a high chicken wire fence that I couldnt get aboveI had to shoot through the slim opening in the fence where the gate was that was locked . I decided they were subtle enough not to even attempt removal, and also they are there.

Hope you et well yesterday :-)

ann

On 11/22/2018 10:22 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
Very nice Ann. Great composition with some nice clouds to fill what would have
been a dull empty sky. The two lamps in the foreground are a slight distraction
for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: ann sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Peso - View from Roosevelt Island looking east

https://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/2017-2018snaps/i-jmVqLbh/L

You can change the size when you are viewing the page... th "L" is the
one that fits on my monitor nicely.

Roosevelt Island is in the East river - The neighborhood viewed here is
a part of Queens borough called Astoria.. bordering on Long Island
city.. the area where
Amazon has decided to build another  headquarters - that's a short
distance to the right of the birdge you see here. ..

Not a good move it seems to many,   as the addition of a staff of 25,000
(yes I said 25,000) to an area where the transportation is already stressed
>from crowding as well as weakening infrastructure...
I was visiting a friend on Roosevelt and the view is on the way to the
subway from her place - I was hurrying to get home before dark.. love
winter light.
taken with the canon  power shot Sx120 .. I often take The Pentax K5
when visiting her, but I was carrying too much to bring her so too heavy.

ann

--
ann sanfedele photography
https://annsan.smugmug.com